Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 3, 2019

"Renounce Everything For Christ"
Background: Philippians 3:1-6
Printed Text: Philippians 3:7-14
Devotional Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
Keep in Mind: 
(Philippians 3:12-14 NLT)  I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  (13)  No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  (14)  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Lesson outline:
1. All Gain Is Through Christ (Philippians 3:7-10)
2. Warning Against False Perfection (Philippians 3:7-11)

Words to consider:
1. CONFORM, a. [L., form.] Made to resemble; assuming the same form; like; resembling. [Little used.]
2. Attained. To obtain, receive, or possess as a prize or reached goal.
3. Renounce. To disown; to disclaim; to reject; as a title or claim; to refuse to own or acknowledge as belonging to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sermon and Video Posting 3-21-2020